Gram Power, an energy technology company, is looking for a Vice President of Operations. This position reports to the CEO and our Board of Directors. Finance, Project Management, and Supply Chain will be directly under the purview of this role. The position will be largely strategic, part of the core team at Gram Power and will play an influential role in helping the company grow 100x within the next 5 years.
Gram Power is on a mission to Electrify the Planet – Intelligently! Distribution companies in India lose about $16B/year due to mismanagement of power distribution. Industries and businesses consume almost 40% of India’s power while forming less than 10% of our consumer base. We help Utilities and Businesses radically reduce their energy losses.
We were founded out of Berkeley, California and provide the industry’s most cost effective smart metering solution combined with the most intelligent energy management and energy analytics platform. We’re executing India’s largest rural smart metering project and at the same time helping large businesses like Subway, OYO, Chilies, and several more reduce their energy costs by up to 30% month on month.
The company’s raised multiple rounds of funding, received widespread international recognition including being selected by NASA among the top 10 cleantech innovations around the world, being recognized by Forbes for our pioneering work, and also by India’s Prime Minister for our work in power distribution.
We’re radically changing the way electricity is managed and consumed in India!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the P&L of all long term projects at Gram Power
- Building and managing the operations and projects teams
- Ensuring compliance to timelines, quality and project budgets
- Evaluation of new projects and opportunities that the company is looking at
- Managing all legal compliances for various projects
- Closely interacting with the technology team to bring more and more automation and control to project operations
- Responsible for procurement planning to ensure targeted cash to cash cycles for each project
- Responsible for working capital and budget management for each project
- Preparing periodic MIS on every project’s health measured by various parameters such as finance, customer satisfaction, technology performance, etc.
- Vendor selection and management
- Managing procurement cycles to achieve JIT inventory
- Negotiating terms with vendors to achieve net zero working capital in production
- Periodic vendor reviews to evaluate quality and price effectiveness
- Achieve targeted year on year price reduction in products
Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters in Engineering (strongly preferred)
- Minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience and 3-5 years in leadership roles
- Past experience in managing finance, supply chain and large scale projects
- Strong preference for candidates who have worked in electronics/energy or operations heave industries
- Must have had experience in selecting and managing a variety of vendors in India and abroad
- Past experience of being a critical part of an organization’s rapid growth
- Strong analytical and MIS preparation skills
- Strategic bent of mind and a systems driven approach to solve any problem
- Excellent communication skill
What you can get:
- Competitive package
- Attractive stock option plan
- Opportunity to build and lead a large team and take critical decisions
- International exposure
- Opportunity to solve a national level problem in our country
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position.