We are looking for a self-motivated Front-end Engineer to join our enterprise software team. Working at Gram Power will give you an opportunity to work for a young, growing company, with a diverse workplace. We value innovation and provide autonomy to experiment at work.
Job Location: Jaipur
Experience: 2-5 years
Education Background: B. Tech (CS/IT) or MCA
In this position you will be developing and maintaining Gram Power’s online data visualization platform. This platform will allow our users to interact with their power consumption in ways that will enable them to control, manage and save on their energy consumption. In addition, this tool will also be used internally by Gram Power to monitor and manage hundreds of sites across India.In the near future, we expect our online visualization tool to be used by power distribution companies to manage their entire grid infrastructure.
- Translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application
- Develop new user-facing features
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Collaborate with back-end developers and web designers to improve usability
- Get feedback from, and build solutions for, users and customers
Qualification and Experience
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GIT
- Good understanding of data structures and design patterns
- Proficiency with relational databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Strong communication skills, Decision making ability
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain deadlines
- Self-learner, who keeps updated with new skills and technologies
- Must be self-driven and capable of prioritizing, organizing, and managing a substantial workload