Gram Power, an award-winning energy technology company founded out of Berkley, California, is looking for a field operations manager to handle its smart metering service projects on the ground. Our aim is to solve two problems: energy access and energy loss. With our disruptive and patented smart grid technology, we reduce losses for distribution companies, and make their entire infrastructure controllable online, make bill payments seamless, and eliminate power theft. Work with us to make India more energy efficient!
We are looking for a project manager to manage our field operations with power distribution companies.
We have a highly energetic, fast paced and innovation driven working environment with a strong unrest for scale. It’s this work ethic and cutting-edge innovation that has allowed us to achieve scale in a short span of time and is enabling us to push the boundaries of innovation in achieving reliable and affordable energy access Working at Gram Power will give you an opportunity to work for a young, growing company, with a diverse workplace.
This position reports to the CEO.
- Project planning to ensure that project is completed on time, within the budget and quality
- Vendor management
- Client interaction
- Weekly, monthly and quarterly project reporting
- Coordination with technical, procurement and finance teams within the company for smooth project execution
- Closely working with the technology team to improve project team’ efficiency using technology
- Preparing and monitoring budgets, standard operating procedures, quality control processes
- Maintaining clear and complete project documentation
- Bachelor or masters in any field of engineering
- Certification in any project management course strongly preferred
Experience: of 3+ years and experience of building and managing a team
- Ability to work with other people
- Exposure to project management tools
- Experience in managing infrastructure projects
- Experience in dealing with government entities as well as end consumers
- Ability to anticipate and plan for uncertainties that may delay the project
- Common Sense
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- Willingness to travel to remote locations for extended periods of time