Gram Power, an energy technology company, is looking for a director of business development. This position reports to the CEO and our Board of Directors. In this role, you will help the company grow and solve a nationwide problem in India.
Gram Power is on a mission to Electrify the Planet – Intelligently! Distribution companies in India lose about $16B/year due to mismanagement of power distribution. Industries and businesses consume almost 40% of India’s power while forming less than 10% of our consumer base. We help Utilities and Businesses radically reduce their energy losses.
We were founded out of Berkeley, California and provide the industry’s most cost effective smart metering solution combined with the most intelligent energy management and energy analytics platform. We’re executing India’s largest rural smart metering project and at the same time helping large businesses like Subway, OYO, Chilies, and several more reduce their energy costs by up to 30% month on month.
The company’s raised multiple rounds of funding, received widespread international recognition including being selected by NASA among the top 10 cleantech innovations around the world, being recognized by Forbes for our pioneering work, and also by India’s Prime Minister for our work in power distribution.
We’re radically changing the way electricity is managed and consumed in India!
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Identifying new markets domestically and internationally for Gram Power’s solutions
- Building strategic partners and channel partners in our target markets for rapid expansion in sales
- Designing new business models to cater to the specific needs of different markets
New Product Introduction (NPI)
- Working in tandem with the technical team and customers for NPI
- Strategizing and implementing the go to market plan for NPIs
- Responsible for marketing and promotion of NPIs
Branding and Communication :
- Responsible for brand building for various product lines in Gram Power
- Managing PR, social media, industry networks, etc. for effective communication and awareness creation about Gram Power’s work
- Being a critical member in creating and implementing Gram Power’s brand story
Sales and Marketing :
- Building an effective sales and marketing team pan India
- Building channel partners in India and abroad
- Preparing, monitoring and achieving annual sales targets
- Closely monitoring customer satisfaction
- Responsible for increasing customer engagement on our apps
- Periodic reporting on various metrics and targets
Qualification and Experience:
- Must have prior experience of successful NPIs
- Demonstrable experience of creating a Branding
- Strong existing network of channel partners in industry relevant to that of Gram Power
- Past experience of setting up channel partner networks in India and abroad
- Demonstrable experience of building and managing a large team
- Experience of working with mobile apps and UI/UX a strong plus
- Relevant experience in the energy sector a strong plus
- Ability to strategize go-to-market plans, annual marketing and sales plans, and demonstrable experience of delivering on plans
What you can get :
- Competitive package
- Attractive stock option plan
- Opportunity to build and work with a world class team
- International exposure
- Opportunity to solve a national level problem in our country
- The company is looking to grow by 100x in the next 5 years. You will play a critical and leadership role in this growth
- You will be part of the core team and work directly with the CEO
Please send your resume to email@example.com to apply for this position.